Move To Contact
MKS - Move To Contact
This is the game entry for the Highsight Game Jam #1 - Atari 2600 Remakes
2nd to 12th February 2018.
It's a 1 vs AI or 2 player game based on original Atari 2600 game 'Combat' [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_(1977_video_game)].
This game was tested on a current Chrome and Edge browser and requires a gamepad for each player to play. The XBOX 360 controller is strongly suggested to make use of the correct mappings with it.
The game consists of 5 levels and there are some settings available at the round start to include optional mods to the gameplay.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a sound issue while playing the game within the Itch.io Game Launcher but starting the game directly from the game page works fine.
Also, Firefox on Windows 10 is not currently supporting the gamepad, but Chrome and Edge work well on Windows and various Linux distributions.
The game can also be played here: http://www.micahkoleoso.de/MKS_HGJ1/index.html
Updates for Version: 1.1 released 16.02.2018:
- Enhanced the title screen display.
- Added configurable round duration of 1 to 15 minutes.
- Increased score display from 2 to 3 digits due to longer play times available and resulting higher scores possible.
- Reduced round reset duration until playing resumes within the round.
- Added shooting sound for AI tanks.
- Enable AI tank velocity-based movement sound.
- Enhanced AI behaviour for more interesting initial movement to position.
- Enhanced bullet bounce modification.
- Enhanced bullet visibility.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.